Future Directions in Ovarian Cancer
With more than 8000 women in Australia currently living with ovarian cancer there is a lot of research needed to ensure they receive the best possible treatments and outcomes.
You are invited to find out about the latest research in ovarian cancer treatment from two of Australia’s leading ovarian cancer researchers. You will also have an opportunity to hear from a woman who is participating in a clinical trial, and find out about a new program empowering women who have ovarian cancer to improve outcomes for future generations.
Saturday 1 April 2017, 2.30pm – 4.30pm (Registration from 2pm)
The Mayfair Room, Grand Hyatt Melbourne, 123 Collins St, Melbourne, VIC.
- Immunotherapy as an Ovarian Cancer Treatment by Dr Tarek Meniawy, Medical Oncologist and Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Western Australia.
- Finding New Cancer Treatments & the Importance of Clinical Trials by Associate Professor Linda Mileshkin, Medical Oncologist and Clinical Researcher, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.
The Victorian Integrated Cancer Services announce the Third VICS Conference will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre on 11 and 12 May, 2017.
Following the success of the two previous biennial conferences, the 2017 conference will provide a great opportunity for health services, clinicians, researchers and consumers to learn about current and emerging work being undertaken in the cancer sector and build connections across the cancer community.
The overarching theme for the conference is Optimal Care in Cancer and will cover a range of topics:
• Optimal cancer treatments.
• Primary care. • Survivorship.
• Supportive care.
• Using research and data to improve services.
• Patient experiences.
• Patient-centered palliative care.