5 years cancer free today

Profile picture

RachelGT

118 POSTS
JOINED AUG 2018
July 2, 2019 at 1:09 pm

Hi all

I am five years cancer free today!

I am so grateful to my medical team and the support of OCA. Here’s to the next five.

Best wishes

Rachel

Profile picture

chrishayward

26 POSTS
JOINED SEP 2016
July 2, 2019 at 2:18 pm

Congratulations  Rachel 🙂 that’s a wonderful mile stone, I remember when I was told the same. Go out and party we opened a bottle of champagne, it feels surreal. Keep up having your bloods  done which I do and enjoy life, wishing you the very best for the next 5 years.

Chris

Profile picture

Rossie15

14 POSTS
JOINED DEC 2017
September 14, 2019 at 10:37 am

Wonderful News! I am fed up with my doctor, I am a stage 3c in my diagnosed mid 2016, and I only have a small amount of cancer showing on the scans at the moment, the problem is my doctor says there are no trials that I could go on, and she has never put me on one or pursued them, and now the cancer is growing again, she said ‘you have three more types of chemo left and you are no longer platinum sensitive, and after three more chemos most people are ready to go’. I refused to accept this negative misdiagnosis for my life when I know there is a better course. So I now have appointment for a second opinion and I will never go back to my original doctor.

JOIN OR LOGIN TO POST A COMMENT

Already signed up? Log in here

Profile picture

RachelGT

118 POSTS
JOINED AUG 2018
July 2, 2019 at 1:09 pm

Hi all

I am five years cancer free today!

I am so grateful to my medical team and the support of OCA. Here’s to the next five.

Best wishes

Rachel

Profile picture

chrishayward

26 POSTS
JOINED SEP 2016
July 2, 2019 at 2:18 pm

Congratulations  Rachel 🙂 that’s a wonderful mile stone, I remember when I was told the same. Go out and party we opened a bottle of champagne, it feels surreal. Keep up having your bloods  done which I do and enjoy life, wishing you the very best for the next 5 years.

Chris

Profile picture

Rossie15

14 POSTS
JOINED DEC 2017
September 14, 2019 at 10:37 am

Wonderful News! I am fed up with my doctor, I am a stage 3c in my diagnosed mid 2016, and I only have a small amount of cancer showing on the scans at the moment, the problem is my doctor says there are no trials that I could go on, and she has never put me on one or pursued them, and now the cancer is growing again, she said ‘you have three more types of chemo left and you are no longer platinum sensitive, and after three more chemos most people are ready to go’. I refused to accept this negative misdiagnosis for my life when I know there is a better course. So I now have appointment for a second opinion and I will never go back to my original doctor.