TOPIC

A New You

Profile picture

nikki

96 POSTS
JOINED JUL 2016
February 14, 2017 at 2:03 pm

My first diagnosis was about 7 years ago.  I was 30 and just gave birth to my son.  Since then my life has turned into a series of doctors appointments, scans and surgery.  When you are diagnosed with cancer your life changes dramatically and you develop a new way of looking at yourself and the world.

You feel like your body has turned on you.  Suddenly you’re going through menopause and have more in common with women twice your age.  When people find out what you have been through they are shocked and horrified because you are so young.  Prepare yourself for sympathetic looks and comments from strangers.

Even though you feel like you are going through a never ending hell, there are positives.  People will realise you are one of the toughest people they will ever meet.  Not much will upset you, life’s small things take on a different perspective and you learn to make the most of life while you can.

Keep wearing bikinis, your scars are impressive.

If it makes you happy, do it.

If you want those shoes, buy them.

Nikki

Profile picture

admin

46 POSTS
JOINED OCT 2014
February 14, 2017 at 3:30 pm

yes my diagnosis was 10yrs ago. And i agree with Nikki do the things you would like to do now rather than later. live everyday. I feel Gratitude for Every Day I am here because my outcome could have been so different.

JOIN OR LOGIN TO POST A COMMENT

Already signed up? Log in here

Profile picture

nikki

96 POSTS
JOINED JUL 2016
February 14, 2017 at 2:03 pm

My first diagnosis was about 7 years ago.  I was 30 and just gave birth to my son.  Since then my life has turned into a series of doctors appointments, scans and surgery.  When you are diagnosed with cancer your life changes dramatically and you develop a new way of looking at yourself and the world.

You feel like your body has turned on you.  Suddenly you’re going through menopause and have more in common with women twice your age.  When people find out what you have been through they are shocked and horrified because you are so young.  Prepare yourself for sympathetic looks and comments from strangers.

Even though you feel like you are going through a never ending hell, there are positives.  People will realise you are one of the toughest people they will ever meet.  Not much will upset you, life’s small things take on a different perspective and you learn to make the most of life while you can.

Keep wearing bikinis, your scars are impressive.

If it makes you happy, do it.

If you want those shoes, buy them.

Nikki

Profile picture

admin

46 POSTS
JOINED OCT 2014
February 14, 2017 at 3:30 pm

yes my diagnosis was 10yrs ago. And i agree with Nikki do the things you would like to do now rather than later. live everyday. I feel Gratitude for Every Day I am here because my outcome could have been so different.