TOPIC

Exercise Physiologist + Acupuncture

Profile picture

Sirin

38 POSTS
JOINED DEC 2016
December 1, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Hi all,

After my chemo I had severe and chronic pain. I was finding it difficult to walk, get up from my seat or the floor etc. I have recently started acupuncture and am working with an exercise physiologist to help improve my strength and stamina. It’s only been a few weeks and I am already noticing a change for the better in my symptoms.

Profile picture

RachelGT

118 POSTS
JOINED AUG 2018
December 8, 2016 at 10:50 am

That’s great Sirin.

I’m going to aqua-aerobics 4 times a week and I am starting to feel great – it took more energy than I had at first but its been worth persevering with.

Profile picture

Jolan

2 POSTS
JOINED DEC 2016
December 30, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Hi Rachel and Sirin,

I’ve been doing exercise physiology once a week for the past 3 weeks or so and I’m increasing that to twice a week from the 9th January due to being in hospital for three months and being weak.

Rachel,

how do you manage aquarobics with a stoma?

Profile picture

RachelGT

118 POSTS
JOINED AUG 2018
January 11, 2017 at 5:20 pm

I don’t have a stoma Jolan, just tummy muscles that needed some serious work after the surgeries. Do you have a stoma care nurse?

Profile picture

Sara

6 POSTS
JOINED AUG 2016
January 13, 2017 at 5:27 am

I do have a stoma/colostomy bag after an op for an OVC tumour.  I don’t do regular swimming but on a recent trip to Port Douglas we went on a snorkelling trip.  It doesn’t have to be a problem depending on your stoma supplies.  Here is a useful link: https://healdove.com/misc/colostomy-patient_swimming-with-a-colostomy-bag

Take care,

Sara

JOIN OR LOGIN TO POST A COMMENT

Already signed up? Log in here

Profile picture

Sirin

38 POSTS
JOINED DEC 2016
December 1, 2016 at 3:30 pm

Hi all,

After my chemo I had severe and chronic pain. I was finding it difficult to walk, get up from my seat or the floor etc. I have recently started acupuncture and am working with an exercise physiologist to help improve my strength and stamina. It’s only been a few weeks and I am already noticing a change for the better in my symptoms.

Profile picture

RachelGT

118 POSTS
JOINED AUG 2018
December 8, 2016 at 10:50 am

That’s great Sirin.

I’m going to aqua-aerobics 4 times a week and I am starting to feel great – it took more energy than I had at first but its been worth persevering with.

Profile picture

Jolan

2 POSTS
JOINED DEC 2016
December 30, 2016 at 7:57 pm

Hi Rachel and Sirin,

I’ve been doing exercise physiology once a week for the past 3 weeks or so and I’m increasing that to twice a week from the 9th January due to being in hospital for three months and being weak.

Rachel,

how do you manage aquarobics with a stoma?

Profile picture

RachelGT

118 POSTS
JOINED AUG 2018
January 11, 2017 at 5:20 pm

I don’t have a stoma Jolan, just tummy muscles that needed some serious work after the surgeries. Do you have a stoma care nurse?

Profile picture

Sara

6 POSTS
JOINED AUG 2016
January 13, 2017 at 5:27 am

I do have a stoma/colostomy bag after an op for an OVC tumour.  I don’t do regular swimming but on a recent trip to Port Douglas we went on a snorkelling trip.  It doesn’t have to be a problem depending on your stoma supplies.  Here is a useful link: https://healdove.com/misc/colostomy-patient_swimming-with-a-colostomy-bag

Take care,

Sara