As a national organisation, Ovarian Cancer Australia’s volunteers are vital to the growing ovarian cancer movement, helping us to increase our reach.
From the strategic leadership of our national board of directors, to our volunteers championing ovarian cancer awareness in their local communities, our volunteers are intrinsic to the success of our organisation.
Our volunteering vision statement
OCA believes that volunteers are vital to the achievement of our vision and mission. They bring energy and commitment to our organisation and demonstrate the power of community.
At OCA we aim to create an environment in which volunteers:
- Contribute in meaningful ways to the success and growth of our support, awareness, advocacy and research programs
- Are empowered to raise awareness of ovarian cancer and the work of OCA in their communities
- Bring unique skills, experience and insights
- Have the opportunity to develop new skills and enhance their work experience
- Are appropriately briefed, trained and supported in their work with us
- Are valued as part of our team and our community
- Are acknowledged and thanked for their contribution
Current volunteer opportunities
We currently have volunteer opportunities for the upcoming Murray to Moyne Cycle Relay:
There are always new volunteering opportunities arising, if you are interested in volunteering at our Melbourne office, please fill in this form and we will contact you when an opportunity comes up.
For any volunteer-related enquiries, please contact Colleen Martin, Volunteers Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9289 9777.