February is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
Each year over 1,510 women in Australia will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
In the past 30 years, other cancers have been able to achieve amazing improvements in awareness, funding and survival rates and we want the same hope for our women. While some progress has been made for ovarian cancer there is still so much we need to do.
For the state of ovarian cancer to improve, we need major changes in awareness, treatment and funding. We need teal to have its time in the spotlight. We need all Australians to stand with us and take action.
Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held each year in Australia to raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer, to share the stories of real women affected by the disease, to highlight the risk factors for ovarian cancer and educate Australians on ovarian cancer diagnosis and treatment.
You can take action during Awareness Month and beyond!
- Talk to your friends, family to ensure they know ovarian cancer
- Ask your GP about your ovarian cancer risk
- Buy a $3 teal ribbon from our website
- Get an Awareness Kit to display at your GPs surgery or workplace
- Donate to help us save lives and support women
- Host a Paint the Town Teal event and raise funds to save lives and support women
Share messages of awareness online
Help us ensure every Australian knows ovarian cancer by sharing messages of awareness and action through your social media profiles. Click the links below to download shareable images and GIFs for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn!